Unfortunately, tarnishing of jewellery is inevitable. Every time you wear your jewellery it is exposed to oxidising agents in the air. The natural oils and moisture produced by your skin will react to the top layer of metal which can change its appearance over time and will eventually cause the layer of gold or silver plating to fade with wear and tear.
You can decrease tarnish build up and preserve the plating of your jewellery by following the following instructions:
- Avoid contact with water
- Avoid contact with cosmetics, creams, perfumes etc
- Wipe away dirty and smudges with a dry cloth
- Do not wear your jewellery whilst exercising to avoid exposure to sweat
- Do not wear your jewellery to bed
- When not in use, keep your jewellery in it's provided box/pouch away from any other pieces